1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Apps Hosted Email Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RocketFoot, Feb 8, 2011.

1. RocketFoot

RocketFoot Well-Known Member

Hello, new user with an LG Optimus V...

I am trying to add my Google Apps hosted email as an incoming/outgoing email account. Not having any luck...it seems to not allow the incoming mail server port, every time I add it, it kicks it back out. Any ideas?

I was trying to use pop mail...maybe imap would be better?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

3. RocketFoot

RocketFoot Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks!

I got it working!

4. bethbotts

bethbotts Lurker

I'm in the exact same situation but cannot get the IMAP setup to take on my new LG Optimus V.

Those Google instructions linked here by TVCCS say to enter my "full Gmail address and password". But what we're talking about here is not an email address ending in gmail.com. Rather what I'm trying to set up is my Google Apps hosted account, which uses the Gmail web interface. However when I enter that login (bethbotts@bethbotts.com) the phone's IMAP setup routine says it cannot establish a link to the underlying Google IMAP server. What am I missing here?

5. digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie Well-Known Member

Are you using manual setup after you enter your login info to manually put in the proper server settings?

6. melim

melim Android Enthusiast

I set up a Google apps hosted account using the GMAIL app, not the regular email app, and I didn't have to do the manual setup. GMail app recognized it as a GMail account and set everything up automatically. Try it; can't hurt.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews