• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Apps Mail w/ activesync

hurl03

Lurker
Apr 30, 2010
Does anyone have this working 100%

I can view an attachment once, then if I try to view it again I get a message stating the attachment is corrupt.

Have removed and added the account as well as factory reset the device several times.

I would prefer to use the HTC app over the gmail since it's more like outlook. Don't want the conversation view.

Thanks in advance for any comments and help. If I can't get this working correctly it might be back to the berry...

i have even disabled contact, calendar and mail in the gmail sync area, but for some reason I still have all my calendar entries and if I enable calendar under the exchange setting i get duplicate calendar entries, same with contacts.....although with the contacts its not a huge deal, because it just links them all together, am I the only one who has duplicate calendar entries if I enable calendar with htc's tool?

Upvote 0
Does anyone have this working 100%

I can view an attachment once, then if I try to view it again I get a message stating the attachment is corrupt.

Have removed and added the account as well as factory reset the device several times.

I would prefer to use the HTC app over the gmail since it's more like outlook. Don't want the conversation view.

Thanks in advance for any comments and help. If I can't get this working correctly it might be back to the berry...

Anyone else having an issue with corrupt attachments. I can't open any. Could this be device issue? Should I exchange the device?

Upvote 0
If you are referring to the setting in active sync, yes it's set to retrieve all attachments. the attachemnts download, but when i try to open them no matter what type, it says the file is corrupted.

Hmm... ya know I'm not sure I ever actually downloaded an attachment from HTC Mail. At first, they were all coming up as 0 kb, so I changed the settings but never got an attachment I needed to download since then. I just switched back to the native gmail app since HTC Mail's notifications have not been cooperating with me lately.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones