• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Apps pack for CM7

Hmm...I wonder why mine has crashed...It's just doing simple things like opening an app, pushing the power button to turn it off, using the Google search widget and so forth. I'll try Tiamat out. Would having a new kernal solve some of these issues?

As a side note though, I have seen a performance increase since rooting. The menus still seem to have a slight lag, but a lot less noticable than Sense. Not having all of the bloatware suck up 80% of my RAM, having the extra 100mhz from overclocking and probably the Android 2.3 update really makes a difference with games though, I love it!
This is my second time on CM7. I was having problems the first time and someone told me to try flashing CM7 again. I haven't had any problems since re-flashing. I would try doing a nandroid backup and re-flashing CM7 and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
Hmm...I wonder why mine has crashed...It's just doing simple things like opening an app, pushing the power button to turn it off, using the Google search widget and so forth. I'll try Tiamat out. Would having a new kernal solve some of these issues?

As a side note though, I have seen a performance increase since rooting. The menus still seem to have a slight lag, but a lot less noticable than Sense. Not having all of the bloatware suck up 80% of my RAM, having the extra 100mhz from overclocking and probably the Android 2.3 update really makes a difference with games though, I love it!

have you tried and wipe cache and dalvik cache? that sometimes work whenever i run into small bugs or issues.

+1 also to tiamat 4.01 been running it for a few days and the camera bug is fixed. it is now 8 hrs i'm still at 80%. i love this kernel.

Reactions: ardchoille
Upvote 0
I wiped everything and followed the instructions to root to the T. After flashing the Tiamat kernal I haven't noticed any problems though, so thanks for that info.

Also, another question I have. What is everyone using for Voicemail? I didn't realize there was no app for it until I got a text from "ANDROID" telling me I had a message.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Vanquished
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones