• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Apps

Daishi55

Lurker
Sep 23, 2008
Hi! First of all, I'm new to these forums, etc etc... My question is, I saw on the ad the guy logged in with a normal @gmail.com account. If I use google apps (my email is jonah@jonahsaltzman.biz, I use the jonahsaltzman.biz domain) for my email, can I still use android for that? If not, is the G1 basically a brick without a gmail account? And can I install an app that allows for google apps access?

you must register for an @gmail.com account, but you will have access to google apps from within.

in your gmail account's settings, you're able to associate with other accounts, so you'll still be able to have direct, push access to your google apps emails.

the phone will come ready to go with access to gmail, apps, docs, calendar, picasa, and maps. all of it will be managed and updated with google sync.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones