1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Assistant Deactivating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TechExec001, Mar 29, 2021.

1. TechExec001

TechExec001 Lurker

My Google Assistant stops activating when I say "OK Google" or "Hey Google".
    I keep retraining it at least once a day. I've cleared cache and data several times and it keeps doing the same thing. It works for a out 12 hours then it stops recognizing "OK Google" or "Hey Google". This started happening about a week ago and it happens EVERY DAY!
    I've had this phone for less than a year and Google Assistant had been working normally.
    Latest Android update was on March 26. Update number is G986USQU1DUBB.
    I'm on Verizon.
    I would appreciate any suggestions, short of a factory reset.
    Thank you.

#1 TechExec001, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It's a known bug in the latest version of Android web view affecting a lot of Google apps.

ocnbrze and puppykickr like this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

They did just roll out at least one update to ASW, was that the fix or is there still trouble?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i believe the latest update to the chrome browser and web view did the trick.....so most phones should be fine by now unless somehow the op's phone never got or received the update.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. TechExec001

TechExec001 Lurker

The latest update I have of Chrome is from March 22nd (I have it on automatic update). And I just had this problem last night (the 28th). I'll continue monitoring it to see what happens. Thanks anyway.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/23534932?hl=en
    try the first response and let us know if that works.

7. TechExec001

TechExec001 Lurker

Nope. It didn't work.

8. TechExec001

TechExec001 Lurker

9. puppykickr

To be honest, when I first started out with Android, I had the very same trouble.
    Somehow, the stupid Google thing could not remember my voice for more than 30 seconds or so.
    Right about the time I was going to smash the device to bits, I had a much better idea- just don't use the Google junk.

My life and devices have been much improved.

10. puppykickr

As a side note, where I work many of the guys use Google assistant.
    Lately it has not been working well for them.

I never use it, finding that it is so much quicker to just open my browser and do a manual search for what I want, rather than argue with Google junk for 10 minutes first then giving up and doing it that way anyway.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus release date was 6 March. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4500mAh battery.

6 March
Release Date
Reviews