1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google assistant not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vinney, Aug 14, 2017.

1. vinney

vinney Lurker

I've just bought the LG 6, but after setting up the voice assistant it doesn't always work, and never opens up when the screen is off. I also thought that by holding the home screen icon, it should launch the assistant, but it doesn't. It just sometimes works by me saying "ok google" but most times it doesn't. anyone got any ideas or do LG have a shop where I can take it

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vinney

vinney Lurker

Mine is exactly the same. Occasionally it unlocks when I say 'OK Google' but most times it doesn't. I have to hold my finger on the circle at the bottom of the screen to open it. I've retrained my voice loads of times but it makes no difference

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Am i missing a post somewhere?

I haven't experienced this issue vinney. The only time Ok Google doesn't work is if I completely Power off by long pressing the round button on back and tapping on Power off. If I do a short press that just turns off the screen (you'll hear a little clicking sound if you did it right) and Ok Google works fine.

4. vinney

vinney Lurker

No mine doesn't work with just the screen off. It does sometimes , perhaps once in ten goes

5. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Maybe it's a carrier thing? I got mine unlocked.

6. Just tested mine for the first time. I'm quite impressed and didn't have any issues with google assistant opening or understanding me :)

Maybe something is wrong.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Any change vinney?

8. vinney

vinney Lurker

Still the same some of the time. I did get it to work from the lock screen once today though

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  9. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Try downloading the app from the Play Store. I just did it a day or so ago and was surprised it let me. Maybe the one on the Play Store is an update to the one that was shipped?

Then go to Phandroid and check out Joe Fedwa's list of updated "Easter Egg" commands for Google Assistant. :cool:

lunatic59 likes this.

LG G6 Forum

The LG G6 release date was March 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

March 2017
Release Date
Reviews