• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google assistant on Google pixel can't find a contact on whatsapp

galapogos

Feb 2, 2010
I have a Google Pixel and Google Assistant can't seem to find a specific contact when I say "send a Whatsapp message to contact". The name is voice-detected and spelled correctly, and if I scroll down the Whatsapp contact list, it's there.

I've previously had 2 contact entries of the same person in my contact list, because this person had changed phone numbers and I didn't delete the old entry. Google Assistant was sending Whatsapp messages to the old entry sometimes, so I deleted it, but now it can't even find the other entry.

Other contacts I've tried are fine. If I try "Send an SMS message to contact" it works also, so it seems to be just a Whatsapp problem. What could be wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones