1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Assistant Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Sep 30, 2020.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Is anyone else having issues with Google Assistant? Mine seems to have developed a mind of it's own. With me saying the initiation phrase, it opens a full page offering help.
    Screenshot_20200930-155051.png
    Is anyone seeing the same thing and is there a way to keep this from happening?
    I don't want my phone to pester me.
    Thanks ✌️

2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

I've never initialized the google assistant on mine.
    Sorry

puppykickr likes this.
  3. miztique

miztique Lurker

I have a similar issue, but it doesn't happen all the time. It happens after opening Assistant for the first time, after a reboot. It's still really annoying, because I can still click on that section that says "Try saying ...", and it does that command instead of what I need it to do. I'm still on Android 9 though. photo_2020-10-01_17-38-16.jpg

4. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

What is strange with yours is the assistant posts suggestions on top of your current page. I've never seen that. My assistant always opens it's own page. Very weird & very different.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. miztique

miztique Lurker

It's incredibly annoying, but we really need an option to turn off these "tips". I sent feedback to Google regarding this, but it's been happening for months now, on both my V40 and my Huawei P30 Lite (on Android 10), so it's definitely an app issue.

markdoc likes this.
  6. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Thanks for that information. At least I know it isn't my phone.
    I wouldn't hold my breath until Google fixes it. In my experience they do things whenever they want. ✌️

7. Medstar1

Medstar1 Member

I would try clearing the Google app cache, force stop followed by a soft reset.

LG V40 ThinQ Forum

The LG V40 ThinQ release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews