1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google assistant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Meekorockz, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Meekorockz

Meekorockz Lurker

So when ever I press my home button just a will press short press long press doesn't matter that pops up and doesn't take me to my home any more is there away to disable that I hate the same thing it's annoying makes it hard to take screenshots

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Meekorockz

Meekorockz Lurker

Help please

4RJ likes this.
  3. Tony Bolger

Tony Bolger Lurker

Try Swiping your hand across the screen from left to right.

4RJ likes this.
  4. seVer

seVer Android Expert

there isn't a timer setting. a short click is home, a long/longer press is Assistant. If you simply click it and it STILL brings up Assistant, then either there's a software glitch, or your home button is sticking.

tube517 likes this.
  5. Meekorockz

Meekorockz Lurker

That takes a screenshot

4RJ likes this.
  6. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member

You could take screenshots using the assistant also.

7. Meekorockz

Meekorockz Lurker

it ask me to renable it still can't go to my home screen

8. seVer

seVer Android Expert

Sounds to me like the button is faulty- whether damaged (like liquid interfering with the function) or it's malfunctioning. Best to get it inspected/repaired.

9. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Just go into Settings then Apps and in the upper right corner vertical 3 dots. Click and restore app Settings on your device. When done, restart your device and make the necessary changes to particular apps if necessary.

10. Meekorockz

Meekorockz Lurker

this doesn't work just ask me to reanable the Google ag

11. seVer

seVer Android Expert

I've given you the appropriate information to address the issue. If you have eliminated software as being the problem, then the hardware is the only remaining possibility. Either get the phone repaired, or replace it via warranty/insurance- whichever is applicable to the issue.

12. sma777

sma777 Lurker

Press home once = last 'home' screen you were on; press home again to go to the "home" home screen. You can also disable Google Assistant, if that's what you really want to do.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews