1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google + Autoawesome Movie Icon Dissapeared

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by perdak, Nov 9, 2014.

1. perdak

perdak Lurker

Hi All,
    I have the S5. I've been creating autoawesome movies for quite some time from my S5. All of a sudden on this week the movie icon is no longer available (only motion and mix). Is anyone else having this issue and know why this is occurring?
    Thanks for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. anseo

anseo Lurker

No clue what is going on.... using Note 3. Create auto awesome videos has been great for months now... and this past week. Poof! It just went away.

any idea why?

3. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

4. anseo

anseo Lurker

Press and hold Google Photo app until you can drag it to the top over "app info". Then press uninstall updates. It will ask if you want to install it back to factory default version. Say okay or yes.... It takes about a minute to uninstall. I didn't realize this, but that Photo app doesn't actually exist anymore. It's left over from when Google+ app wasn't fully integrated with photos. So you actually uninstall Google+ when you do what I just said.

After it was done... I opened photos. It asked what Google account to use. I selected my account and the create auto awesome movie icon was back!

5. anseo

anseo Lurker

What the Crap! As soon as I solved it and got the icon back. I closed the app and reopened Google+ and its gone. Closed Google+ and reopened Photos app. ITS GONE AGAIN!

No freaking idea what is going on here.

6. anseo

anseo Lurker

What the Crap! As soon as I solved it and got the icon back. I closed the app and reopened Google+ and its gone. Closed Google+ and reopened Photos app. ITS GONE AGAIN!

No freaking idea what is going on here.

7. perdak

perdak Lurker

I found the fix from someone kindly on the google + autoawesome movie page. It sucks but doing this it works again:
    So here is the work around until +Google+ fixes the bug. In Photos click in the upper right corner and go under Settings. Click on your name under Account Settings. Under Auto Awesome there are two check marks, make sure they are both checked. Now here is where the bug is. If you go back and then go under Account Settings again, you will see that the second check box will not stay checked. Check it again, and then without closing the Photo app, go to your phone Settings. Go to Apps, slide right to All. Scroll down to Google+ and Clear Cache and Clear Data. Now go back to the Photo app and sign back in and let it rebuild the library. You should now have the option to create Auto Awesome Movies again

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews