1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google backed up 300+ email contacts but only 2 phone numbers

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Oleks, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Oleks

Oleks Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2016
    Male
    My LG G4 broke a week ago. I had my contacts to be synced with my google account. I had this phone for over a year, during which it was always synced to this one account.

I synced my replacement, and I only have 2 contacts with phone numbers. What gives? I went into my google contacts and I saw the same picture. Can't even find a way to contact google that isn't through the phone.

Is there any way to recover my contacts? Or better yet, does google have my phone numbers but do I have to do technical finesse in order to recover them?

Advertisement

#1 Oleks, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. eshieldsvx4

eshieldsvx4 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2014
    Male
    They may have been on your device. When a contact is displayed it may show content from multiple accounts and that includes the "local only" account.

Both Samsung & LG have an option in their contacts app to "Merge With Google". That would migrate any local only details to your primary backup account.

Your emails are saved by Google because the switch in Gmail is on by default. Mine is off because if I think an email is important I'll save it myself.

You have to either back up to CSV if you can get it to power on. Copy the CSV to another memory source. You do not need internet access to back up to CSV.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
  4. eshieldsvx4

eshieldsvx4 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2014
    Male
    This is where you edit and store your contacts. Any edits made here are synced to devices signed in with the same account login.