1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Backup stuck, please help!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by cdangl, Apr 22, 2016.

1. cdangl

cdangl Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2016
    Male
    Hey there, I have an HTC M9 running Android version 6.0, and Sprint is my carrier.

My phone stopped backing up my photos to Google about 2 months ago. It was working for for almost a year until then. I try to make it backup and it says "Upload Started" and then "Backing up 1 of xxxx" and then never moves, just stays stuck at 1.

I've done a lot of looking around and haven't found a solution that works yet (obviously). I tried clearing the cache from Google Play Services, Google+ and Google Photos, and uninstalling/reinstalling Google+. I know I have more than enough free space on google. I'm connected to wifi. No wifi connections are marked as a hotspots... I just don't know what to do at this point!

Also please don't just guess at things for me to try. If you just "think" it works, I don't want to experiment because I don't want to risk losing the last couple months worth photos! But if you or someone you know has actually had this problem and fixed it, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Advertisement

2. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2012
    Male
    You want help, but you don't want to try any suggestions....

3. cdangl

cdangl Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2016
    Male
    Sorry, maybe that wasn't clear ... I'm totally into trying things so long as they've fixed the issue for somebody previously. I was just really hoping that somebody else had this same issue and found a way to fix it. I just didn't want some people who have never experienced the same thing telling me to start changing settings willy-nilly without knowing if they'll really work... Does that make sense? I just can't imagine I'm the only one who's experienced this :/

4. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    The problem could be caused by any number of variables so suggestions are likely to involve trying things out. You clearly don't want to do that so there's nothing more that can be done.

Best of luck!