• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google banned Youtube Downloader Android application

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiJii

Lurker
Apr 8, 2009
What up peeps i got tha hook on the missing YouTube downloader
direct your G1 browsr to Eestwood - G1 Android Phone - Banned Youtube Downloader - Download Youtube Videos with Google Android - g3

use a simple file manager to find and open

make sure also to enable nonmarket downloads on your G1
do this by going to settings--application settings--unknown sources(remove the check mark)

after all this is done you can enjoy youtube videos from your sd card in much higher quality than the built in app(more reliable as well)

enjoy amigos
and remember the mighty hand of Google reaches far so get it while its good:cool:

Sorry to bring this back up, but have any of you gotten this application to work properly since it was pulled ?

I went to the link provided. I downloaded the application to the SD card. Maybe this part, " use a simple file manager to find and open" is more complicated than it sounds. I don't know what to do at this point. Can someone install it or whatever and tell me what to do? If I recall correctly it asks if I want to use the installer and gives two or three other options. I tried "install" or "installer" on my now gone/RMA returned phone and it never worked.

What do I do?

I installed it this same way on my old G1. I had to return it because it was hosed. I installed this youtube downloader just like it was described here. I selected to install it with the Linda File Manager and... it never ever worked. I was never given any choice, the videos always opened.

I have a new G1 now.
Can you help ? This is one of the very coolest apps for the phone. Google are TOOLS for removing it.

thanks,
b

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring this back up, but have any of you gotten this application to work properly since it was pulled ?

I went to the link provided. I downloaded the application to the SD card. Maybe this part, " use a simple file manager to find and open" is more complicated than it sounds. I don't know what to do at this point. Can someone install it or whatever and tell me what to do? If I recall correctly it asks if I want to use the installer and gives two or three other options. I tried "install" or "installer" on my now gone/RMA returned phone and it never worked.

What do I do?

I installed it this same way on my old G1. I had to return it because it was hosed. I installed this youtube downloader just like it was described here. I selected to install it with the Linda File Manager and... it never ever worked. I was never given any choice, the videos always opened.

I have a new G1 now.
Can you help ? This is one of the very coolest apps for the phone. Google are TOOLS for removing it.

thanks,
b

Try using the app in the marketplace "Apps Installer"

Upvote 0
wow they removed it?, i'm shocked.
the claimed openness of googles market is starting to fall around its ears.

punkzanyj said:
Rather annoying the way nobody bothers to look up "open source" and learn what it means(and doesn't mean).

Downloading youtube video's is illegal. else youtube would have included that feature itself...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones