1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Calendar and setting day of work week

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ClintC, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ClintC

ClintC Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Retired
    Central California
    Hi, I'm a retired but do a lot of work within Rotary. Just got my new (and first) android phone the other day after my trusty phone-phone was stolen.

Live in central California but travel extensively for Rotary.

Dabble in web design for non-profits after my career in large main frame consulting work.

I came here looking for a solution to setting calendar events to occur on the last workday of a month.

I found posts going back to 2009 on this problem. I simply can't believe that Google/Android has not addressed and fixed this problem after three years!

Do they not realize that people schedule by week days for an awful lot of events? Having them show up daily on your android is outrageous!

Anyone know of a work around for this yet? I haven't been able to find one!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello Clint and welcome to Android Forums. I must admit that there are definite limitations to the google calendar. You might want to check out the third party calendars available in the market. I don't know if any will satisfy your needs but it would be worth a look. You might want to ask for suggestions in the area where we discuss apps here at AF. Someone might have a suggestion that will narrow your choices. I hope you find something that will work for you. Here is a link to that app discussion area I advocated: Android Applications - Android Forums