1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google calendar changes for the worse

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sexydocz, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Sexydocz

Sexydocz Lurker

Am I the only one who can't stand the new look of Google Calendar on my Android phone?
    I really dislike the very round curves on the events. Also, the font on my widget is incredibly big compared to the rest of the items on my phone! I can't find a way to change these specific features without changing it for the whole phone.
    Has anyone come across a solution? I've been saying for years that Google Calendar is the most important app on my phone, but I actually can't use it like this, sadly.
    Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The solution is to use a different calendar app. There are a lot of them, and while none is perfect (personal opinion) there are many that are better than Google's app (also personal opinion).

Google tend to produce apps with relatively few options and very little customisation, so if you don't like what they've chosen you generally have no option but to use something else. But there's nothing special about a manufacturer's app or whatever app they chose to pre-install, so I see no real downside to using an alternative (I use replacement apps for almost everything myself).

Clementine_3 and Dannydet like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I use aCalendar+ as my default calendar. Highly customizable

Clementine_3 likes this.

Google Calendar

Google Calendar Forum

com.google.android.calendar

Get the official Google Calendar app for your Android phone and tablet to save time and make the most of every day. • Different ways to view your calendar - Quickly switch between month, week and day view. • Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically. • To-dos - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events. • Goals - Add personal goals—like “run 3 times a week”—and Calendar will schedule time for them automatically. • All your calendars in one place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange.

READ MORE
March 23, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
1B+
Installs