• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google calendar disappeared

They do have backups - so, if their servers crash, they can restore them. What they will not do is provide this service to individual users for what is a free service. You are responsible for protecting your calendars from any loss by actions done by you, and that includes bad calendar syncs. If you have lost calendars because of a syncing error, that was not a problem caused by Google.

I did nothing different from what I've been doing since buying the phone in Sept and using Google calendar instead of palm centro. I started using Exchange AFTER my google calendar data disappeared. I do not know why my or anyone else's calendar info is disappearing.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Also, I'm frustrated that I have emailed google and have not heard back. I feel like a hostage to google because I apparently MUST use gmail with my Incredible. I cannot use Exchange independent of google calendar, apparently. Meanwhile, no matter how I put data into google calendar, it "holds" for less than 12 hours.

That said, there are third party services that will back up your calendar data. Backupify is one. I believe that Spanning Backup is another. And, of course, if you sync your calendars with a local app like Outlook, there are tools for your PC that can backup calendar data locally.

I will investigate tethering Outlook and google, but will be cautious, fearing that a sync from an empty google calendar will erase data in Exchange AND on my phone. Thanks for the info on backing up calendar data. I have tried BackupGoo and it does not put data into a calendar when it "thinks" it's already there. Perhaps one of the others will help until this is straightened out.

Upvote 0
HII

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT IN ONE ISSSUE I AM STUCKED IN AND I FEEL THIS IS THE PROPER PLACE TO HAVE THE SOLUTION I REALY NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.............

THE ISSUE IS THAT WITH OFFLINE CALENDAR IN ANDROID PHONE - THE ISSUE THAT REPRODUCED IS WHEN I AM ENTERING THE CLENDAR API THEN CLICKING ON MENU -> MORE -> CALENDARS -> MENU -> CREATE CALENDARS -> THEN COMING BACK TO HOME SCREEN ADN REBOOTING MY PHONE THEN THE OFFLINE CALENDAR IS GETTING DISSAPEARED WITHOUT GETTING STORED......

I CHECKED THE CODE FROM IT INSIDE THE CreateOfflineCalendar.java package THE CODE SEEMS AS IF IT IS INSERTING THE DATS BUT NOT COMMITING IT........

CAN ANYONE HELPME OUT HOW TO SAVE THAT OR TO COMMIT IT IN THE DATABASE........................
YOU CAN MAIL ME TO ..............SAMYAK.ROUT@GMAIL.COM................... WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES FRIENDS...................

Upvote 0
Sorry for writing on an old thread - but.. in case anyone is still reading.. Ever since my update to GB on my droid charge last weekend, my calendar is not synching from my phone/android to google. My sitch is that the entired on my PHONE are the most up-to-date and critical, not the ones on the online gmail calendar.. If I do that "calendar storage clear data" - or any of those, will I be removing data from my phone? Is there a backup I can run ON MY PHONE to backup the google calendar? Right now I can't sync.. and I also can't sent outgoing pop email - I get the same google force close error.. the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I see one app on android zoom called iCal import/export that might do the job - but it's imperitive that I don't lose the current, and future data on my phone, AND I must not lose the past data on the calendar on my pc. Thanks, in advance.. you all are always very helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones