1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google calendar isn't syncing...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WebKat, Sep 22, 2011.

1. WebKat

WebKat Member

Recently I've had a lot of problems with my Google calendar not syncing to the calendar on my Droid 3. If I add things to the calendar on the phone, they don't show up on the calendar on my computer, and half the time they don't show up on the phone either, if I look for them later. If I add things through the computer, they usually don't show up on the phone. This has become a huge problem... anyone else ever have this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've already checked and double checked to make sure the right calendars are synchronized and visible.

Advertisement

2. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I think the phone calendar and the Google calendar are two separate things, and don't sync to each other. In your calendar settings, go to Manage Calendars. Mine syncs with my gmail account calendar. The phone calendar says not synced and not visible.

Like I said, I may be wrong, but that's how mine is set up and it works well.

3. WebKat

WebKat Member

That's how mine is set up as well, though, with the phone calendar off and just my gmail calendar showing.

4. Flypaper

Flypaper Lurker

Go to Settings>Accounts, then select your Google account. Tap "Sync Calendar" and it should sync your phone calendar with your Google calendar. I did that this morning and it worked for me.

5. WebKat

WebKat Member

Thanks, I'll try that.

6. lethemeul

lethemeul Lurker

I had the same problem. Fix was:

goto settings > apps > manages apps > all > calendar storage > clear data

NOTE if you delete the data, it will erase the phones calendar data and have to resync all the calendar events, and note that you will lose any OLD data (like more than a month, as it will only sync more recent calendar items)