• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar Items Going To Wrong Calendar (I Think)

PGB1213

May 20, 2016
Detroit
Hi All!
I have a phone using Android 5.1 and am totally confused about Google Calendar app. (Not the stock one, the one I downloaded from the Play store).

At first, when I made a new event on the phone, it went to the calendar & was also synced to the Google calendar on line. Those events are colored blue. When I tap the pencil icon to Edit, they say "Events" and have my G-mail address listed. Those events show up on my on-line Google calendar.

Now each time I make an event on the phone, it is teal colored and say "Event" and have "My Calendar" instead of the G-mail address.

I've about driven myself crazy trying to figure out how to make new events the blue colored ones so they can sync to the on line Google calendar. Also, ideally, I'd love to get rid of all calendars that are not the one that goes to the on line Google calendar.

I read every, single article I could find. All of the ones at Google help send you to step-by-step instructions that are not for my phone (the 'tap here' 'tap there' don't exist).

Is there a way to default new events to be the ones that go to the Google on line calendar and to get rid of all the other calendars?

I sure appreciate your help. I'm super lost on this one.
Paul

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones