1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Calendar Items Going To Wrong Calendar (I Think)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PGB1213, Jul 12, 2016.

1. PGB1213

PGB1213 Member

May 20, 2016
    Hi All!
    I have a phone using Android 5.1 and am totally confused about Google Calendar app. (Not the stock one, the one I downloaded from the Play store).

At first, when I made a new event on the phone, it went to the calendar & was also synced to the Google calendar on line. Those events are colored blue. When I tap the pencil icon to Edit, they say "Events" and have my G-mail address listed. Those events show up on my on-line Google calendar.

Now each time I make an event on the phone, it is teal colored and say "Event" and have "My Calendar" instead of the G-mail address.

I've about driven myself crazy trying to figure out how to make new events the blue colored ones so they can sync to the on line Google calendar. Also, ideally, I'd love to get rid of all calendars that are not the one that goes to the on line Google calendar.

I read every, single article I could find. All of the ones at Google help send you to step-by-step instructions that are not for my phone (the 'tap here' 'tap there' don't exist).

Is there a way to default new events to be the ones that go to the Google on line calendar and to get rid of all the other calendars?

I sure appreciate your help. I'm super lost on this one.
    Paul

Advertisement

2. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Jan 28, 2011
    It's hard for people to help if you don't tell us which calendar app you're using.

On the stock calendar app, you typically tap on your email address at the top of the event and it gives you a list of calendars to choose from.

3. PGB1213

PGB1213 Member

May 20, 2016
    Hi RazzMaTazz & Thank You for writing.
    I guess I didn't explain well in the first paragraph which app I'm using.
    The app I am using is called "Google Calendar" by Google, Inc. There isn't a version number to list here. It's icon is a blue calendar page with the number 31 on it.