1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google Calendar not Syncing between PC and GS5 Help Please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carguyjohn350, Apr 27, 2016.

1. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 Member
    None

Mar 15, 2013
    Male
    Here is what is happening.

When I add or remove items to my Google Calendar on my PC in Chrome, they do not appear in the Google Calendar on my phone. This is for new items only. Older, reoccurring items are still showing both places. I have the calendar set to sync, and it has worked for nearly a year and only stopped Monday. Items added to the phone calendar appear on the pc calendar, its only items added on pc that never make it to the phone.

To make matters weirder, I share my calendar with my wife so she knows what appointments I have, and the new items are appearing in her calendar app on her iphone, just not on my GS5. I am at a loss. I tried the Google help but its worthless. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I keep trying to think what else I might have dont on Monday that might be interfering with calendar sync, but I cant think of anything. I didnt update anything or change anything that I can think of, and even if I had I dont know why its affecting my GS5 but not my wifes iphone.

Any help is appreciated!

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Are you using the Google Calendar app on your phone?

I was having the same issues and none of my calendars would sync up with any other calendar "reliably".

I finally installed the newest Google Calendar app, and switched over from my Yahoo Calendar to the Google web calendar.

now everything works like it should. and, BTW, all of the other odd calendar apps on the phone now show the sync'd up info like they should... I have since removed all of the extraneous calendar apps, and only keeping the stock app that came with the phone, and the Google calendar app.

all is good now.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.