1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Calendar Not Sync'ing, But Once Was

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biil_p, May 18, 2011.

1. biil_p

biil_p Lurker

My Google calendar was sync'ing fine, then some time back stopped sync'ing. I noticed that events were not in sync, so I wanted to recheck the sync settings under Accounts > Google and it gives me only the option to "Touch to sync now". This works and everything syncs, but just when I ask it to.

When I check in the default calendar app (Menu > More > Calendars) it shows the calendar in question as "synced, visible". Visible it is, but sync'ed it is not. Under Accounts > Google it just lists the last time I pressed "Touch to sync now"

I recall turning off automatic sync'ing for Reader and Mail, and leaving the Calendar on synch when I began using the Universal Inbox, but for the life of me I cannot find where you enable/disable automatic sync'ing for these anymore.

Please help a poor soul who is losing his mind. If I am missing something simple, feel free to point at me and laugh (provided you tell me the answer first :)).

Thanks for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

Nothing is syncing at all? I believe that Google Calender will only sync events up to a year from the current date

EDIT**
    You can try this
    Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Hit the Menu Button > Filter > All > Calendar Storage > Clear data > OK

drums7890 likes this.
  3. biil_p

biil_p Lurker

Found a fix by turning on the Power Control and widget and tapping the synch icon. I must've turned it off when I was playing with that widget some time ago. Now I have the checkboxes to select which Google Services I want to sync automatically under Accounts > Google.

Still trying to see if that is the only way to turn off and on syncing.

Prior to finding this, I did try clearing the data from the Calendar Storage application to no avail. Thanks for the idea though.

MyD0j0 likes this.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews