1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Calendar Not Syncing - "process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MedfordMan, Jan 27, 2011.

1. MedfordMan

MedfordMan Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Does anyone have this problem, or better yet a solution?? My calendar (I use the HTC calendar widget) constantly stops syncing, so instead of seeing my appointments in the widget, I see "No upcoming events. Tap to schedule an event." When I go into manual sync, half the time it works, and the other half I get the force close message. I've cleared ever cache known to man and it hasn't solved the problem. It's driving me insane.

On a side note, I've also noticed that the white HTC screen now comes up all of the time, like it has to load HTC sense back up after I've been in an app. Are these related?

Someone please help with this.

Advertisement

2. MedfordMan

MedfordMan Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    So I guess not too many people are having this problem. I looked high and low, and didn't find a solution. So I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset. Since then, I have had no syncing problems, no force closures of any google processes, and no HTC white screens.

3. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I've gotten this error message quite a few times over the past couple days and couldn't figure out why. I cleared the data of my GMail app, which seems to fix it for the time being.

4. ooberandy

ooberandy Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Hartlepool, UK
    I've recently been having this problem, but think i've cured it.

I've deleted data from all my google apps (gmail, calendar, reader etc) but most importantly i deleted the data from any other app that was sharing that data - in my case jorte calendar.

Once i'd deleted all this it worked fine

5. Peter Nowee

Peter Nowee Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2014
    In my case, clearing the Calendar Storage did not solve the problems with Calendar syncing and the "com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" messages. In the end, I went through my phone's error logs using CatLog and noticed the following error message:

Code (Text):
    1. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: duration is not formatted correctly. Should be 'P<seconds>S' or 'P<days>D'.
    Searching for this particular error message, I found that it originates from Android's Calendar sync (CalendarProvider2.java) having a problem with the duration setting of an All day event.

So I went through my Google Calendar (on the web) and removed all All day events. After this, my Android's Calendar sync started working again and the error message "com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" was gone.