• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Calendar problem...

jayno20

Android Enthusiast
May 3, 2010
Any idea why on my actual gmail account it shows all birthdays and then on my calendar app on the phone its only showing some of them? My mom for instance isn't on my phone and neither is my brother, but they are both on the calendar in my gmail. I added an event on the phone and it instantly synced to my online Google account. Auto sync for gmail and calendar app is on. Am I missing something?

Yeah all my birthdays from Facebook randomly disappeared yesterday. They were all there before just fine and then bam, they're just gone.

They still show up on the actual Google calendar website, but they've been removed from the phone. And the same calendar is still checkboxed as active. I even tried to deleting the calendar and adding it again, no luck.

Anyone know what's going on?

Upvote 0
Yeah all my birthdays from Facebook randomly disappeared yesterday. They were all there before just fine and then bam, they're just gone.

They still show up on the actual Google calendar website, but they've been removed from the phone. And the same calendar is still checkboxed as active. I even tried to deleting the calendar and adding it again, no luck.

Anyone know what's going on?

That's odd for sure, but not exactly the same situation I have. Mine haven't recently disappeared they have NEVER been there. I have no clue how it decides to import all birthdays except for 2 (that I know of). It's strange how the phone doesn't just take EVERYTHING from Google's calendar. I am hoping I am just missing an option somewhere.

Upvote 0
I had this problem with certain birthdays showing up and others not. I was able to fix it by making sure all the birthdays for my Gmail contacts include the year. I don't know why this matters, but it worked for me.

Good info, that fixed my problem. Apparently if your facebook contacts don't enter a birth YEAR the program that exports them just says "1900" and the phone doesn't pick those up from the Google calendar. After changing a few of them they do now show up. Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0
I had a problem with this myself, and noticed that my birthdays were in a "Custom Field" Sections, I exported my contacts to a csv, moved the birthdays over to the "real" birthday field and after changing the formatting to YYYY-MM-DD I was able to import them and the birthday field mapped correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones