• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar Quick Add, + voice

Andrewdroid

Sep 28, 2010
Gotham
I've used this method to use Google Calendar's quick add feature from my motorola dumb phone. With Android it works much better. Only works for US though. If any developer wants to use my method to make an app for this, he's welcome.

Here's what you do. Sign into Google Calendar from your PC, and go to settings.. You want to add your phone number to use for the calendar. Go into "mobile setup" and follow the instructions to authenticate your phone number.

Then once your mobile is authenticated, add this number to your phone's contacts. "Google Calendar", 48368.
Create an event via SMS - Google Calendar Help

Then you can just text that phone number using the same quick add feature on Google Calendar on your PC. But now it works better because all the google stuff is synchronized with your Android phone!! You can even set a default reminder on Google Calendar from your PC to use.

If you have Vlingo, you can even use a Google Voice style action before you get Android 2.2. All you have to do is say "Text Google Calendar."... then just say what you would on quick add. Hopefully 2.2 comes out soon so you can forget all this stuff!

Reactions: fldude99

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones