1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google Calendar shows sync date of 2/2/2012

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dave1812, May 9, 2012.

1. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    ret
    San Jose, CA
    Last night I discovered that one recently edited event on my wife's phone (we both share calendars) didn't update properly to my phone so I began troubleshooting. In the course of checking it out, I discovered that in Settings>My Accounts>[my google account]>Sync Calendar, the date showed up as "2/2/2012", and the sync icon showed next to the checkbox. Unchecking/rechecking the box, or choosing Options, Sync Now didn't change the date or remove the sync icon.

I went to QuickCalendar and was surprised to see her edited event was correct, but no joy on Google Calendar. Just to be sure, I deleted QuickCalendar from my phone and resynced GC. At some point along the way, the event was updated in my Google Calendar. HOWEVER--the problem remains with the sync date showing up as 2/2/2012.

I've gone to my Google Calendar on my PC and don't see anything that would affect this.

Any ideas?

FIXED: clear calendar data. the grey sync icon still shows, but the date is now current.

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    Typically what you do when there are sync issues with the Google apps is this (for the calendar):

- From home, menu->settings->applications->manage applications
    - Tap the "All" tab at the top
    - Tap "Calendar Storage"
    - Tap "Clear data"

This will wipe out all calendar data and should initiate a new sync with Google.

HOWEVER, before you do this, please note that this is basically erasing all of the calendars on your phone and starting over from scratch. If you use the internal "Phone Calendar", which doesn't sync with anything (wirelessly), you will lose those events. Google gives you the ability to sync calendars for free, and phones can be fragile and easily lost, so I really suggest to everybody that you protect important data like this by making sure that this is synced rather than stored only on the phone.

Also, this procedure works well for the Moto-based phones (Bionic, Razrs, D3, D4, probably DX, D2, and DX2), but I have no idea if this will ruin any other manufacturer's phone. If you are finding this from a Google search and you do not have a Moto phone, be careful.

Lecture done.

dave1812 likes this.
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    ret
    San Jose, CA

thanks. You're solution was what I discovered at Problems with sync - Google Mobile Help.

i wish the verizon techs knew this. :)