• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Calendar subscription and HTC phone Sync problem

Evening

Having problems getting my HTC Desire Calendar to Sync with subscribed calendars within the Google Calendar software.

Whilst my phone calendar syncs with my normal google calendar, it does not work right with my work calendar which my google calendar is subscribed to. Initially it all syncs fine, but whenever any changes are made to my work calendar it wipes the whole work calendar from my phone, leaving only the basic google calendar schedule.

I can clear the calendar storage or remove the subscribed calendar (by going to file--more--calendars---selecting work calendar), which in effect reboots the work calendar allowing me to see it again.... However the next time something on it is changed the whole process starts again.

Any solutions/suggestions?

In short: My work calendar, in the "other calendars" section of google calendar does not update correctly whenever my HTC phone is syncing with google calendars.

Resolved --- CalenGoo fixes these problems

Found an App called CalenGoo from the Android Market. Its a Calendar App, which enables syncing of Google Calendars sub calendars.

I was previously looking everywhere for a way around the Google Calendar sync problems and this app sorts these out nicely.

Its a pretty good calendar application in general - simple to suit the majority of users, but also has lots of advanced options if you feel like customising things a bit.

The guy who designed the app, Dominique, is also really quick to answer emails and address any questions you might have. HIghly recommended - spread the word

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones