• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar Sync Issue (ActiveSync Appt's from other user going into phone)

vipuh

Lurker
Jun 4, 2010
Ok, so I have a Droid Incredible w/ Verizon.

My issue is a little odd...I have my google account setup on my phone and I have my Microsoft Exchange (work) account on my phone. I only have 1 Google Calendar and 1 Exchange Calendar syncing.

Here's were it gets weird.

I started to get appointment reminders popping up for meetings that don't involve me. Well after viewing the meeting details, the meeting was for 2 former employees with their work email addresses. I also found another appointment that actually had one of their gmail addresses on it (I'm guessing she was syncing work calendar with Google?!). When I go to the Google Calendar website using firefox/IE, it only has my meetings in there (not these rogue former employee emails).

It's important to note that I am an IT person and I have access to these people's mailboxes. I could understand it more if these appointments showed up in my Exchange calendar on the phone but they are definitely showing up in the Google calendar b/c they are the same color and they're still there when I disable the Exchange calendar.

I'm wondering if it's some kind of glitch in the Android OS?! I'm going to backup my pics and restore factory defaults on the phone tonight, which I'm hoping will fix it, but I wonder If I may have found a bug?

:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones