• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar Sync issues

Roffensian

Lurker
Feb 16, 2014
Hi guys, brand new member and sorry to start with an issue.

I'm having huge problems trying to sync my Google Calendar with my phone (S4). I have calendar events in Outlook that I have synced with Google Calendar using a still functioning version of Google Sync and have had no problems. However, the calendar won't sync to the phone in any of the various calendar apps. I have confirmed that the account is setup correctly, I'm not short on memory, and sync is set up for both the account and the calendar in the apps. What actually happens seems to depend on the app:

In S Planner I can create an event on the phone which syncs to my calendar but it does not appear in S Planner.

In aCalendar I can create an event on the phone which does appear, and syncs to S Planner, but does not appear in Google Calendar.

No events created in Google Calendar appear in any of the apps on the phone - whether created manually or through Outlook sync.

I am flat out of ideas as to what to do and would really appreciate some assistance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones