• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar sync with Sports Calendar on Droid

Upvote 0
a pretty easy fix for this is to go to your calendar on your pc,click the sporting event then click add to my calendar. you have to do that for each game so it will take a few minutes but doesn't take too long....unless it's MLB.

This is the easiest fix. Worked for me and was easy, but I only want my college football teams schedule so one game per week. Thanks man! Great idea!

Upvote 0
The solution I came across was at MySportsCal.com - Download Sports Schedules to Outlook, iCal, Google Calendar.

You can download just about any teams schedule in csv or ical. From there you can import the downloaded file into an existing google calendar.

The home teams stadium is even linked to google maps in the calendar event...

Just need to find a similar site for holidays now!

that worked perfectly! I was struggling trying to find a way to get my Laker games (sick of scoreboard)

Upvote 0
This worked great, except the times didn't import. Each event is marked as "all day". Any easy fix for this?

I'll take this one guys.

For the NFL Schedule, I deleted the start/end columns for the other time zones, and renamed them "start time" and "end time". I got rid of the time zone designation (ET in my case).

Re-imported, and they show up correctly now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Been at it for over an hour now trying to figure out why...

Example: On the west coast, downloaded the Chargers .ics , I created the calender and imported the file. Then when I go in to view the calendar, it's showing start time of 3:05 pm instead of 1:05 as it should be. I even have the timezone set to my location of "Pacific". grrrrrrrrrrr! Why do some teams list it as "ALL DAY". I want to know what time they are playing. another grrrrrr! :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'm facing the exact same problem but with orkut birthdays' calendar.. I have other calendars, including the holiday one, but I can't see the birthdays calendar on my android calendar..

It would be awsome if someone had any update on it.. :)

I too am having trouble seeing mu contacts birthday calendar in my android phone. Shows up fine on my Google calendar, is listed in the calendars shown on my phone calendar app, but does not show on the calendar itself, no matter what settings I mess with, no matter how many times I reset/purge data/reboot phone. Won't show on my stock calendar, nor on any other calendar app I download.

Nexus S 4G, Calendar app of choice- Business Calendar Free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones