• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Calendar Sync?

ok....i am making progress....THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!

one more thing...now that i got the syncing issues going (thx to all who gave their knowledge), why won't my future appointments (september, october) on my phone won't show up on my gmail calendar's sept and oct months. (keep in mind, i had these appointments on my calendar from my phone for 3 months, before i started syncing as of tonite)

thx to any who can shed some light (knowledge) on this issue

Upvote 0
ok...what i was doing wrong, i was adding appointments under the 'my calendar' (HTC CALENDAR)...

what i should have done is use the 'android stock' widget, this has a drop down window (when adding a new event), that gives the option for either 'my calendar' or 'android/google' calendar.

all of 'my calendars' was not syncing to my 'google' calendar because i haven't been using the 'android' stock calendar.

now i have the option of adding personal info to HTC calendar, and when i need to sync other non-personal or back-up info, i use the 'android/google' stock calendar and it automatically syncs with my gmail account.

this is what i've been looking for since i got my incredible the last week of april.

thanks a lot to all who shed the light.

to those who are still searching....ANDROID is the way to go...good luck!!

Upvote 0
I feel pretty dumb here but I'm having the same issue and I'm very new to my Android phone. I just picked up the Droid2 and like it so far but I was really hoping that all of my google apps (gmail, calendar, docs, etc) would automatically synch to the phone.

I have one account only on google and one gmail account. It's the account I signed into the phone with and gmail syncs automatically. It was nice when I imported a bunch of contacts from my "work" email into gmail and - bang - there they were on my phone. I then updated my calendar and - nothing on the phone.

I go to accounts on my phone and I only have Google and back up assistant (I'm very new to this phone and Android). I just don't get it though. Shouldn't it just automatically sync the calendar and docs?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've been all over Google help section and can't find anything on this.

I have the same issue as tyrus....anyone have any advice on how to get the calendar to show on my account. I'm able to access the calendar on my computer through the internet fine.

Upvote 0
A (hopefully) related question here, regarding Google calendar(s). My calendar syncs nicely, events, scheds, etc. but when I look at my calendar from my desktop (mac) I see 'My Calendars' and that includes imports from Tripit, Producteev, and so on. But, just below that is a list of my 'Other Calendars', which Ive added the NHL, NBA, NFL, and MLB scheds of my Colorado teams. These 'Other Calendars' aren't syncing with my main calendar on my Dinc. Any way to include these with my syncing?

Sorry if this has been answered, I scanned this thread but didn't see what I was looking for...

Upvote 0
Just found this thread as I was having the same issue. Two Google accounts, but only showing ability to sync the calendar for the one I initially signed in with when setting up the phone. Will this feature ever be available to sync multiple Gmail calendars? To me it does not make sense that you would not be able to.

You can also merge the two calendars into one if you want. Google it, and its in the help section.

Upvote 0
These 'Other Calendars' aren't syncing with my main calendar on my Dinc. Any way to include these with my syncing?

I've only found one way to do this so far. Trust me, it's a pain...

click each event in your calendar (desktop) and select "copy to my calendar". The event will then popup allowing you to edit. click 'save'

You'll see the new events when you sync the calendar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones