1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Calendar Syncing

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by athegn, Dec 15, 2013.

1. athegn

athegn Android Expert

I have had for some time trouble syncing my Google calendar across devices. This is another attempt to resolve this.

Firstly when I open S Planner on my Galaxy Tab 2; GT-P5110 4.2.2, and press menu then sync what does it sync to? Does it sync to a "central" Google server some where, in which case I should see any changes reflected when I open Google Calendar in say a Firefox browser on my laptop (allowing for any delays across networks)?

I have checked that both app and browser are looking at teh same email login and the same calendar.

I entered an appointment in S Planner some 30 minutes ago and it is not yet showing in Firefox on my laptop.

Any advice please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

Are you sure you selected the correct calendar to sync?

Edit: what I mean is when you create an appointment, the calendar field does have Google (or whatever you named it) selected and not another calendar?

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Assuming you chose the same calendar both times, Google has been known to take its time to show changes in the calendar. (I remember a 2 day delay once, between the time I entered an appointment and the time my wife saw it when she used her Google login.)

4. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Also, use a computer and create a new appointment in Google's calendar online to see if it syncs to S-Planner. As NeoGrandizer mention, make sure you have the correctly named calendar active.

I'm having no problems syncing.

5. athegn

athegn Android Expert

I have tried that and it does work i.e. In Fireox browser create event an dit soon shows in S Planner but not the other way round; confirmed used same calendar to create in browser and view in S Planner.

6. athegn

athegn Android Expert

Thank you for your replies.

It may be I was using the wrong calendar name. There is "My Calendar" which appears to be the stock one and "my named calendar" that I wish to use.

I have now unchecked "My Calendar" and hope that in future all devices will only use "my named calendar"?

There is some minute or two delay before calendars sync. Also checking with my Galaxy S2 phone.

7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I don't know if this is related but I know that there is an issue with compatibility between Samsung's Calendar and Google's Calendar.