• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google calendar to new phone might deleted

Julai

Lurker
Sep 11, 2019
I synced my Google calendar from my old phone (S8+) to my new phone (Note 10+) and everything went fine.

My dilemma now is, if I reformat my old phone (since I'll be selling it) will my Google calendar to my new phone disappear or were all going to be deleted since both are linked together?

And how can i avoid that from happening?

Your Google Calendar is synced to The Cloud - you can access it at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r. When you synced it to your new device, all you did was grant the new device access to the calendar events which were already stored in The Cloud.

As @Dannydet says, you can safely remove your Google account and wipe your old device. Your calendar events will be safe in The Cloud.

Upvote 0
But please note the exact words that our friends used here: remove the account. And do this before wiping the phone.

This is not to protect your calendar, it makes no difference there if you remove the account from the phone or just reset it. But it's to avoid problems with factory reset protection: if you leave the account on and reset the phone the buyer will find that they need to use your Google account to get back into it! So to avoid an irate buyer having to ask you your login details or returning the phone you should remove the account first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones