1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Cardboard Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by troy_cummings, Jan 6, 2015.

1. troy_cummings

troy_cummings Member
    None

Feb 25, 2014
    Male
    The Google Cardboard headset I ordered has arrived, but to my dismay, it didnt have the magnets or NFC sticker. It only had the headset and the lenses. I still wanted to try it out, so I put it on and etc. It doesn't seem to be tracking my movements, or at least not very well. It slightly moves when I raise and lower my head, but side to side doesnt work as far as I have seen. I have used a sensor testing app and it says I have an accelerometer, and the phone's settings talks about calibrating the G sensor, which I assume is the gyroscope, and it is calibrated. The one thing that worries me is that I downloaded another sensor app and it said my device didn't support a gyroscope, and the other app also said I don't have a gyroscope, but what else would the G sensor be?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. troy_cummings

troy_cummings Member
    None

Feb 25, 2014
    Male
    EDIT/ I understand now that a g-(shock) sensor is different from a gyroscope. But is there a way to add a gyroscope functionality to my phone? Like is there some sort of thing I can plug in

3. EagleFeeler

EagleFeeler Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm having the same problem. I used diagnostic software and it appears all sensors are working yet I can't control any movement in any VR apps. I have no solution. I'm just commenting so I'll know if anyone gives you an answer.

4. Renoise

Renoise Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2015
    Male
    Same problem here, the cardboard is quite a disappointment as without tracking its near to useless. As far as I have learned, the g-sensor is not the same as the gyroscope, but I guess it should be able for a g-sensor to "emulate" a gyroscope at software level. No luck finding any such hack for android so far.

5. Niravshah2705

Niravshah2705 Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2015
    Male
    Same problem. for my Lenovo A6000 looks card board software has issue