• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

xyourxhighnessx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2015
Anyone get cardboard for this device yet? We have a gyroscope so we can definitely take advantage of VR

I haven't ordered one yet but only because I'm worried Ill end up ordering one that doesn't fit my phone. Most listings say "fits 4 to 6inch phones" which is still vague our device is 6...so I imagine with certain models the phone may be just a tad bit too big

Ha maybe but considering its possibly the cheapest vr capable phone ever released I must at least try it out.

Especially because I was looking for a vr capable device for my next phone and I assumed there's no way a 100dollar device would have a gyro....then when I ran antutu and noticed it indeed did have one.. I have to try it.

That and photosphere. I've only ever had Nexus tablets that were capable.... so I never really took photosphere pics because who wants to try and steady a tablet for a series of picture like that?

Upvote 0
I really like my Google Cardboard, it's actually great at what it's designed to do. Yes it's not a 'real' VR headset -- it consists of cardboard and low-cost plastic lenses -- but for those expecting it to be a direct competitor to projects like Oculus Rift are comparing two different products that target two different markets. One thing Cardboard has already done is make the big name VR headsets more appealing to the mass market simply through its trivial cost and availability.

Upvote 0
I have a Vigica headset that I bought from Amazon. I used the Zmax in it and it was a strain. And, of course, it was limited only to 3D videos due to lack of gyroscope. Now, with the Zmax Pro, I had to do some notching modifications to the internal holder due to the volume and power button locations and their elevations from the side of the phone. BUT, it was WELL worth it. COMPLETE functionality. As you said, the included gyro for the price is just another added plus to the phone. So, yeah, I paid $30 for it and it's amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_20160818_085243.jpg
    IMG_20160818_085243.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20160818_085311.jpg
    IMG_20160818_085311.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: PSYB0RG and svim
Upvote 0
Anyone want a free Google Cardboard?

http://www.knoxlabs.com/products/thesimpsons

Google VR and The Simpsons have teamed up to create a limited-edition Google Cardboard collection, with each VR viewer featuring one of five iconic characters from The Simpsons as well as a 600th episode “Treehouse of Horror” slipcover. The 600th episode premieres Sunday, October 16th on FOX.

Knoxlabs is a Google Certified Cardboard Manufacturer

Maggie-4_grande.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
Anyone want a free Google Cardboard?

http://www.knoxlabs.com/products/thesimpsons

Google VR and The Simpsons have teamed up to create a limited-edition Google Cardboard collection, with each VR viewer featuring one of five iconic characters from The Simpsons as well as a 600th episode “Treehouse of Horror” slipcover. The 600th episode premieres Sunday, October 16th on FOX.
I just went to that link and there's a 'We're sorry... This offer is no longer available' message towards the bottom of the page. Bummer.

Upvote 0
This phone has a video glitch when using it in VR mode. It doesn't happen often and it doesn't really bother me. Others have complained about it. I had a fun time using the cardboard viewer with this phone. For $10, I think it's a cheap way at some VR fun.
I've tinkered with just seeing the VR part either in 2D and 3D mode and it glitch as much on my end, though the framerate does drop in 3D. Doesn't seem that bad on my end, though it would be cool if another free Cardboard dealy shows up again.

Upvote 0
This phone has a video glitch when using it in VR mode. It doesn't happen often and it doesn't really bother me. Others have complained about it. I had a fun time using the cardboard viewer with this phone. For $10, I think it's a cheap way at some VR fun.

I bought cynocular at walmart with tax I paid $20+. I experience some glitch while playing VR too but it's only a nano second. I also had glitches watching videos. I really hope ZTE fix it already. I am on their arse every chance I get on their website about this. I love this phone but the bugs are just so many. IT kind of really annoys me.

My VR experience so far though is freaking awesome!!!! You guys you would love the bohemian rhapsody experience, the duck hunt VR game which makes me feel like I really am cyclops from xmen ... LOL. Last night I just played inmind 2.

I would just say though my husband has to modify cynocular because even though it fits. It is so snug, it is messing up the 3 buttons. And I have to rotate the other way. Some games have auto rotate some doesn't. So I just delete them, oh well. But the ones I can play.... mind blown!!!

Again, very happy with the VR capability of this phone! For the price, of the phone and the VR gear... awesome.

Oh actually ZTE has their own VR gear.... but as far as I know it's only available for China for now. I think it's like $79.

Reactions: trumanbrody
Upvote 0
I bought cynocular at walmart with tax I paid $20+. I experience some glitch while playing VR too but it's only a nano second. I also had glitches watching videos. I really hope ZTE fix it already. I am on their arse every chance I get on their website about this. I love this phone but the bugs are just so many. IT kind of really annoys me.

My VR experience so far though is freaking awesome!!!! You guys you would love the bohemian rhapsody experience, the duck hunt VR game which makes me feel like I really am cyclops from xmen ... LOL. Last night I just played inmind 2.

I would just say though my husband has to modify cynocular because even though it fits. It is so snug, it is messing up the 3 buttons. And I have to rotate the other way. Some games have auto rotate some doesn't. So I just delete them, oh well. But the ones I can play.... mind blown!!!

Again, very happy with the VR capability of this phone! For the price, of the phone and the VR gear... awesome.

Oh actually ZTE has their own VR gear.... but as far as I know it's only available for China for now. I think it's like $79.
Sad, that would really come in handy over here.

Reactions: trumanbrody
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones