1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google cheating on daily app purchaase payout?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by voytez, May 9, 2012.

1. voytez

voytez Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Hi,

When i sum up net daily revenue (my app price minus google fee) of apps sold on that day it doesnt match what is being shown in google checkout.

Yesterday i sold 38 copies of one app, for each country app price is around 1.27 GBP so my net revenue is around 0.88 GBP per app which should give me around 33 GBP but instead i was paid 24 GBP. It happens almost every week.

The day before i sold 40 copies so only 2 more) of this app and the revenue was around 34?? I wrote to Google two weeks ago got confirmation email they got my message and nothing since then.

Does anyone else have trouble with this?

Advertisement

2. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2011
    Maybe it's something to do with the exchange rate?

3. Stigy

Stigy Some say...
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    Some purchases may be pending or they might be doing a check on the credit cards used to purchase the apps. I see a decent amount of cancelled purchases and Google probably holds those funds while they do a check of the bank.

I doubt Google would steal money from you though - I have never seen anything that indicates this. It would be a huge deal if they were since they are such a big company.

4. AmneonX

AmneonX Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    http://www.androidwaypoint.com
    Michigan
    I'm not a developer but I think that Stigy might be right. Does checkout show you cancelled purchases?

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Also I believe there should be a report from them that tells you what exactly they are paying you for, and I did see someone mention that Google does have a number you can call, so you may want to try to search for that, I saw it in one of the forums, if I find it I will post it.

6. 350X

350X Android Expert
    None

if they use paypal, and the money comes from their checking account, not instant from a balance, it can take a while for paypal to "clear" the funds, so google doesn't pay out what isn't cleared 100%????

7. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    Oil and gas industry.
    New Orleans
    I can't see Google, as rich as they are, stealing from app devolpers in the play store.

8. voytez

voytez Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Thanks for you interest.

First of all: its not currency exchange related which was easy to check as i was summing up all prices after currency conversion which made my net revenue per app oscillate from 0.86 to 0.88 GBP

Google checkout does show cancelled requests, so i was counting only the ones marked as charged and delivered. And since they are showing charged and delivered orders from that day i would expected the daily revenue amount to match the sum of those charged and delivered apps.

And that brings the question if the app was delivered then this order is obviously considered as completed by google and user has downloaded the app and when counting all apss delivered it should match daily revenue right?

If not all of them are in fact charged as they woud be pending credit card check they should be marked as pending or not charged right? And i think they would have made it clear somewhere in the help that charged doesnt mean successfull purchase... Its a bit confusing

EDIT*
    I just found this post it looks like im not the only one:
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/android-market/technical-help/-ndIyztMdsQ

9. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    You cannot buy apps from the Google Play with a PayPal account. You need to register your Credit Card with Google Checkout to be able to buy apps (from Google Play).