• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Google Checkout and Installs aren't jiving?

We recently ran a promotion with Amazon (Free App) and it raised our (otherwise-crashed) sales on Android Market as well, which is nice.

What isn't nice - on the developer console, I've counted new downloads of more than 170 in the week since. However in Google Checkout, it says I only have about 10. This is a huge dicrepancy, and where I thought I was going to get a nice little wad o' cash, I now think I am getting a bunch of hot air instead.

What's going on? I know the developer console is flimsy, but this is ridiculous. My active installs have shot up as well - could it be Google Checkout will "catch up" before the end of the month? Does anyone have any experience with/idea what I am talking about?

I've had a bit of the opposite, where the console was way behind checkout.

The one thing you might have noticed, is that the concolse sometimes counts cancelled orders as "downloads" in the total download count.

Either way I'd report it on the Market forums and see.

It might be also that it's counting even the install that came from Amazon.

hth

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones