1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Checkout = Google Wallet?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by breadnatty08, Jan 5, 2012.

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    This may have been asked many times, but I was hoping to get a definitive answer since I can't seem to find it on my Google account.
    I have a functioning build of Google Wallet on my Galaxy Nexus (VZW) but I can't seem to find a way to add funds to my Google account. Is Wallet tied directly to my Checkout account (ie. my CC), or do I need to add funds to it?
    Just a bit confused. This is what sparked the question:
    Google Checkout merges with Google Wallet, completing the inevitable -- Engadget

If anyone could point me in the right direction or be so kind as to spell out the directions, I'd be super happy.
    Thanks.

Advertisement

2. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

You have to add a PREPAID CARD to your account. When you do that, you can use your own CC to "add funds" to it.

When you use Google Wallet, the funds are deducted from that pre-paid balance.

Unfortunately, there is no way to tie it to your bank account like Paypal. If you have a $4.99 balance, and want to buy a $5 item, you will have to ADD FUNDS to the pre-paid card to make the purchase. So goofy. Personally, this makes the product nothing more than a novelty to me.

So far, "The Merging" hasn't worked out like I'd like. I have $5 and change on my Google Prepay in Google Wallet. I can't buy apps with it. What? Merged? Then why can't I use it?

A bit early in the process still, I think.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Interesting. I know we're using a hacked app on our Nexus' but I would still love to see this take off.
    Could you just give me some brief directions on how to add funds? I still can't figure it out...

4. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

When you open the app, Hit PAYMENT CARDS, slide to Google Prepaid Card, hit the +.

Then it should ask you to add funds. You just choose a method.