1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Google Checkout issue, anyone dealt with it before?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DKYang, Oct 15, 2010.

1. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    FL
    I've been using free apps for quite a long time, but now there are some apps that I want to buy. The problem is with Google Checkout. I've searched and the solution doesn't work. I always get the infamous "server error" when its trying to authorize the transaction.

The solution was, put your card info via a computer, then go buy it via the market. Well, that didn't work. I remember when I tried to buy a domain with Google apps, I also ran into a problem because of google checkout.

Has anyone dealt with the checkout problem where you couldn't buy anything at all? Any tips on getting there damn non-existent customer service to help me out?

I tried to buy via T-Mobile billing method, but that is also a no go because the info is stored on my checkout account and not directly to T-Mobile. Man, if they do bring paypal out soon, I hope they don't connect it with checkout otherwise, I can't buy any apps.

Advertisement

2. fangorious

fangorious Guest

Is your primary gmail account (The one you used to sign at the first boot when you first activated the phone) an @gmail.com address or is it a Google Apps domain address? There's a known bug buying from the Market with an Aps domain. Assuming you have a 2.x device capable of multiple gmail account sync, adding a second gmail account with an @gmail.com address will allow you to purchase apps. The license is recorded with your primary (the Apps domain) but the Checkout transaction uses the @gmail.com account (the receipt is mailed to that account).

3. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    FL
    Yes, it's a gmail email. I'd rather not use another account since I haven't had problems when I first used checkout with the same account, but if that's the only way, then I guess I'll do it. :(

4. fangorious

fangorious Guest

If it's an @gmail.com account then my post doesn't apply.

5. mgladding

mgladding New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    I have a regular gmail account (@gmail.com) and a google apps account (@mydomain.com). My google checkout account is linked to my regular gmail account. I've had my phone for about 6 weeks and I have never been able to purchase anything from the market.