1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Chrome graphical bugs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by landonh12, Dec 27, 2012.

1. landonh12

landonh12 Android Enthusiast

So, I'm sure many of you have experienced this. I'm wondering if there's a fix to it, since chrome is such a great browser.

2. ENVi3

ENVi3 Android Enthusiast

I think it's kind of known that Chrome isn't very compatible with this phone, for some reason, so I've just stayed away from it... You can try other browsers that probably work just as well.

3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It's not just this phone, it's more of a Sense based issue. I personally remove the stock browser and use Boat or Firefox.

4. landonh12

Well, It happens on AOKP too. I'll probably stick with the stock AOSP JB Browser or Firefox.

5. Nate456

Nate456 Well-Known Member

I notice something with chrome when I'm on AOSP or Sense 3.6 it glitches but when on Sense 4 it works perfectly.

6. moonknightus

moonknightus Android Enthusiast

7. davidmargolin

davidmargolin Android Expert

yeah beta version has been graphical issue free so far (haven't used it for long)

pages load a heck of alot faster

zooming and scrolling is a bit laggy for me... but not something not managable...

8. FatalIll

FatalIll Well-Known Member

The graphical bug was attributed to the use of non-stock keyboards if I remember correctly. it would happen on my Optimus V too. I used Swype on my OV, and I use SwiftKey religiously on the Evo V. I don't think anyones found a fix for it. Why it's been a known problem for so long and Google has done nothing about it baffles me.

9. phw8558

phw8558 Android Expert

Beta just closes everytime I open it

10. moonknightus

Graphical issues are present even with stock keyboard in the stable build. Also present on the CM10 ROMs. Still no problems with the beta Chromes with any keyboard I have tried so far

11. landonh12

Same for me. I tried everything to get it to work.

12. moonknightus

Strange. It opens fine for me. What ROM are you using?

13. landonh12

Aokp. Didn't work on htccm10 either

14. phw8558

phw8558 Android Expert

Aokp here too

15. youngSWi

youngSWi Well-Known Member

Chrome from the playstore runs fine for me on evervolv. 4.2.1 with no sense.
    Haven't tried the beta yet.