• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Anna!

Google Chrome is for ICS or above. Unfortunately doesn't work on Gingerbread. If you got it to even install chances are you downloaded a "hacked" version which actually isn't really Google Chrome. The ones floating around are Miren browser themed to look like Google Chrome.

I jump from Browser to browser a lot looking for the best fastest one, and have found the new Dolphin Beta that's on the market as probably the best browser I've used so far. I would link you but I'm on my phone at the moment :( but you should check it out. It's full name on the Market is Dolphin Browser Beta :)

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
Miren browser, the real chrome is like 34 mb file

Oh k this is a screen shot of it about Chrome

screenshot-1345764357518.png

Upvote 0
Oh, I got it off a friend's phone, I knew it was an older version. She is so careless, she refuses to do any clean up or remove bloatware, even though someone rooted it for her. She has no room to even update any apps. She is as about as clueless as a box of hair when it comes to anything, "geeky" as she calls it. So when I was talking to the guide, he put suspicions in my mind. Seriously this girl wouldn't have a clue how to go elsewhere to get any kind of app, so I didn't question it..... at first. So then I extracted the apk & not only was it really the Miren browser, but there were files in it that ended with json. I swear that I had an app not too long ago, but I can't remember which one & it saved files with that json. It was some kind of root tool app I think. Anyway, upon more digging into it, I found a bunch of Chinese lettering & I saw a lot of the website listed, oh crap, UM baindo, I think. I would have to go look at my messages to check for sure, but I googled it & it's a Chinese website. Then it gets funkier, I noticed a page that looked like it was in Spanish & English both, so I took a screen shot & ran it through Google goggles & it was Portuguese! So we have English, Chinese & Portuguese. Y'all know I rarely make any kind of app recommendations. I just never thought to question her because she really is clueless. I haven't been able to get a hold of her today, but when I do I'm going to ask why the hell she let someone else jack with her phone & she won't even let me clean it up. "that's how files get lost" I'm sorry, I feel like such a boob. I'm just sticking with the "I've had brain surgery, you know" excuse. Lol

Anna

Reactions: StarScream2109
Upvote 0
Google Chrome works on gingerbread usually when a device is on a custom Kernal , I tried it and it worked once , I like chrome but it doesn't work flawless on a Gingerbread device :I

-Mike from Verizon Wireless at Peabody , MA
"Verizon is the true #1 carrier of the USA covering 98% of Americans , Introducing the new SHAREverything plan , See online for more details , Only at Select Stores"

Upvote 0
Google Chrome works on gingerbread usually when a device is on a custom Kernal , I tried it and it worked once , I like chrome but it doesn't work flawless on a Gingerbread device :I

-Mike from Verizon Wireless at Peabody , MA
"Verizon is the true #1 carrier of the USA covering 98% of Americans , Introducing the new SHAREverything plan , See online for more details , Only at Select Stores"

No it doesn't. Kernel hasn't anything to do with it. The OS does. Chrome depends on APIs that are not found in Gingerbread. There is a lot of fakes tho. So if you saw chrome on a 2. X. X device it was fake themed browser. I can make the stock metro browser look like and display that it's chrome in 15 minutes ;)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Reminds me of the movie "Shallow Hal" where he tells his boy tht he ruined it for him. To him it was real and he had the super model girl but everyone else seen the real deal and she was huge!! Well... this person seen tht he was using chrome and it really was to him and he was really happy, but we all knew the truth and now we ruined it for him by telling him the facts lmao!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones