• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Chrome

sdtag

Oct 5, 2011
I have a laptop with windows 8, a Samsung Galaxy S3, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0.
I cannot install chrome onto the Galaxy Player 5.0. It says it is not compatible and there is no option to download. How can it be incompatible? the SGP 5.0 is a mini SGT 10.1. It can do everything the bigger tab can do, except install Chrome for some reason.
I have been bragging about Chrome, how it syncs across all my devices, and I can't get it to install.
I installed it on my wife's S3, Tab 7.0, and laptop. No problems. (Thank God!)

TIA

no one else has tried to install chrome on their player???
I am the only one on this board?

I won't do the Bueller roll call I promise.
but I do hear crickets in the corner. haha oh well

typing to myself...typing to myself...
sung to the tune of dancing with myself.
I guess I can type anything on here cause no one will read it anyway.
wow
gracias de nada
adios muchachos

Upvote 0
sdtag,

I'm guessing that Google has one or more good reasons for not supporting Chrome on the Galaxy Player 5.0.

They probably feel they have a responsibility to make sure that any device that Chrome is supported to run on will give you the most stable and best experience possible. This protects you from encountering issues and them from having to support them.

As an app dev myself, I have to choose which base version of Android that the app can run. Additionally, there are screen support declarations that ensure that the things the app might display are optimally viewable by the end-user.

Chrome for Android hasn't been available for all that long of a time--hopefully it won't be too long before it is finally available for your device.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones