• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "google.com wants to know your location" prompt!!!!

This has been happening to me too for the last few days. It happens if I use the Dolphin browser or the native one everytime I go to google.com.

All my location settings are set to allow sites to use my location. I get the prompt both when I am logged into google and when I am logged out. I've even checked my google account settings... "save recent locations" is set as ON and "allow use of device location" is set to YES. This is so annoying. Hope someone has a solution.

Upvote 0
i use dolphin also and my home screen is set to google. i have location sharing on and i dont get that prompt every time.

perhaps if you dont have this automatically checked then it will still ask you this once you open up the app. curious, whats your home page?

I'm also using Dolphin as my main browser but the home page is set to google's news page. Changing it back to just google.com as the home page still gives me the same issue.
Same thing using the native browser.
Any combination of options I select also still gives the same issue. Whether I check or uncheck remember preference then select "share location" or "decline" the same prompt comes back every time i go to www google .com
Here is what it looks like in case anyone is curious

964141001_z9yvD-M.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones