1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Google connectivity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grahamh, Nov 20, 2010.

1. grahamh

grahamh New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    I have recently created a new gmail account, and transferred all contacts etc.

Since my Hero cannot read more than one account, I deleted my first account - planning to reconnect my Hero to the new account - thus enabling all the new data to connect.

However, my phone will not connect to the google server - thus I cannot get my contacts or calendar, and cannot get to the market. I'm stuck!
    The message I get says: 'cannot establish a reliable data connection to the server'.

Advertisement

2. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Internet Marketing
    Slovakia
    You are on eclair right? I mean 2.1 :) . Last time I had this message I had to do a factory reset. There were some guides I read no idea what was in them, for me they didnt work . I just know I spend 6 hours configuring my hero from scratch. Tried before the mybackup to backup things which failed on me too :( was long ago. So my suggestion if everything else fails, do a backup with anything you can and do a factory reset. (was before root, now I would just erase all settings and cache and change it , or titanium backup it and flash from new :p)

Tags: