• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps google console account termination

iqrakaisar111

Lurker
Jan 18, 2015
I recently uploaded my app in the google play console account. I made all my images by my self and I have all of my psds as well but every time I publish my app google remove it from play store with the reason Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. I have written all of my store listing my self. I dont what is the problem and I am very frustrated. I tried by changing the images 3 times and finally my account is now suspended. My app was about cricket world cup 2015. It gives you live scores and team fixtures information. I just used take images of team logos and players from internet. I can take a new account but I think it will not help my cause .... Can any one can help. I am really in trouble ?????
Thanks in advance.

I recently uploaded my app in the google play console account. I made all my images by my self and I have all of my psds as well but every time I publish my app google remove it from play store with the reason Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. I have written all of my store listing my self. I dont what is the problem and I am very frustrated. I tried by changing the images 3 times and finally my account is now suspended. My app was about cricket world cup 2015. It gives you live scores and team fixtures information. I just used take images of team logos and players from internet. I can take a new account but I think it will not help my cause .... Can any one can help. I am really in trouble ?????
Thanks in advance.

There's your problem right there. Just because something is on the internet, does NOT mean you can use it in your app. Team logos and images of players are copyright.

Upvote 0
Those teams logos are the intellectual property of the teams. Even the match name is the property of the league. You really were violating both the play store policy as well as the teams (owners) rights.
I agree with the logo thing and Thanks for your kind reply.... but I notice that there are many apps available on play store with the same images of venues (stadium in match wordlscup matches will be played) which I have used. :(. for example the picture of stadium in a city of australia, same picture is used by 3 to four apps how they make it possible to stay on play ? I really appreciate your time .... Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's your problem right there. Just because something is on the internet, does NOT mean you can use it in your app. Team logos and images of players are copyright.
I agree with the logo thing.... but what about the images of stadium pictures every 2nd app uses the same images they are also rights reserved? and what about the team flags ? Even I design my own flag in photoshop it will remain look like the same ? :( that's really frustrating.

Upvote 0
National flags as a rule are public domain. You could use Wikipedia as a source for them, provided the images are tagged as "Public domain", and just about all national flags are. Stadium pictures can definitely be "all rights reserved", unless you took the pictures yourself. Doesn't matter what other apps are using, may not have been reported or picked up by Google yet.

Basically you have to make sure you're not infringing anyone's IP rights.

Did your app have ads in it or was it paid, i.e. you were making money from it?

FYI from the ICC website.
http://www.icc-cricket.com/about/229/legal/legal-notice
"Copyright
Unless otherwise expressly indicated in specific Content, copyright subsisting in Content is owned or licensed by ICC. No part of any Content may in any form or by any means (including electronic, mechanical, microcopying, photocopying or recording) be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without the prior written permission of the copyright owner."

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
National flags as a rule are public domain. You could use Wikipedia as a source for them, provided the images are tagged as "Public domain", and just about all national flags are. Stadium pictures can definitely be "all rights reserved", unless you took the pictures yourself. Doesn't matter what other apps are using, may not have been reported or picked up by Google yet.

Basically you have to make sure you're not infringing anyone's IP rights.

Did your app have ads in it or was it paid, i.e. you were making money from it?

FYI from the ICC website.
http://www.icc-cricket.com/about/229/legal/legal-notice
"Copyright
Unless otherwise expressly indicated in specific Content, copyright subsisting in Content is owned or licensed by ICC. No part of any Content may in any form or by any means (including electronic, mechanical, microcopying, photocopying or recording) be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without the prior written permission of the copyright owner."
that was really a kind reply.. I am changing my app again and will let you know you guys :) all the best to me again .

Upvote 0
that was really a kind reply.. I am changing my app again and will let you know you guys :) all the best to me again .
I am using simple admob and my app is free of cost. Can you please tell me that
1. I am maintaining some data (local time of match) which is calculated on my php file. that file is hosted on my db server is that thing a problem ?
2. Second I am broadcasting news regarding cricket. when the news is broadcasted every user is having this app is notified and news is displayed on their screen. there is also a button from which user can turn on and off the notifications. Is is OK with Google ?

Upvote 0
Just to add - I replied to another member recently who asked about reporting on football times and scores. From my experience you need to pay a license for most sports e.g. fifa, F1 etc to report on them. I am unsure on cricket so maybe its worth doing a detailed search and/or someone on here with experience on it can reply. Hope it works out.

Upvote 0
I think you have used some legal names or logos of ICC without their legal permission notice.
ICC names right:
The words “ICC”, “International Cricket Council”, “ICC Cricket World Cup 2011”,“ICC Cricket World Cup”, “2011 ICC Cricket World Cup”, “ICC World Cup Cricket 2011”, “2011 Cricket World Cup”, “Cricket World Cup 2011”, “Cricket World Cup”;

Please check this pdf with all legal rights of ICC.
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...=KH4CgX_ypv-hij9fs5zcfQ&bvm=bv.89217033,d.bGQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones