• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google contact info disappearing

esmail

Dec 24, 2009
USA
Three times in the last week contact info has disappeared from my google contacts/phone (Incredible).

Twice, with different contacts, the home phone numbers just disappeared from both the phone and my google account.

Last Saturday I entered a completely new contact info for a friend (incl. a picture) and on Sunday the contact was gone both from my phone and my google account.

I always enter this information on my computer via google contacts and then it does get successfully synced to my Incredible and is available for a while.

When the contact disappears it's gone both from my phone and my google account info, it doesn't show in "all contacts" either - it's gone for good.

I have created a groupd called "New Friends" where these contacts were placed. I belive they are still also automatically part of "My Contacts". It's been easy to notice the disappearance since I only have a few contacts in this "New Friends" group. I worry about this happening, esp if it's not easy to notice.

I've seen other threads with this type of problem over the years when I searched, but there doesn't seem to be a solution for this rather serious problem.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones