1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Google Contact pictures missing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thetingster, Jul 17, 2010.

1. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Top Secret
    Utah, USA
    I am having a problem that has me completely stumped. I currently have a rooted 2.1 Eris running Evil Eris 3.0. (great ROM by the way) When I was setting everything up after flashing the ROM I noticed that many of my contact pictures from facebook were appearing for my contacts rather than the google contact picture. I logged out of the Facebook with Sense and then entered the app management menu. I found the Contact storage app and cleared contact data. I did this so that I could remove the contacts from the phone then sync just the google contacts.

Well it started to sync and was finished much faster than expected. (usually it takes a while to download all the pics). I checked my people app and found that all my contacts were back but virtually all the pictures were missing. I also noticed that a couple of contacts were displaying old pictures that I had once used for the person in google contacts.

I figured it would just take a while to finish syncing and everything would be fine. Well last night I logged into gmail (on my pc) and pulled up my contacts. I found that all the contact pictures have been removed just like on the phone.

This has been very frustrating because I had gone to great length to get pictures for nearly all my contacts.

Does anyone know what would have caused this or if it could be fixed? I don't know if the problem is with the phone or if it is on google's side.

Anyone smarter than me have any ideas?

Thank you.

Advertisement