1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Contact reverts to an older version, after Calendar sync

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by aumars, Jul 19, 2017.

1. aumars

aumars Newbie

I have a Google Contact whose name previously was registered as "Dann" (of course I'm not using a real name but this one is linguistically similar) and had his birthday registered which was consequently synced with Google Calendar. Few months later, I changed that name to "Daniel String" and that was the end of it. Until I force-synced Google Calendar and that reverted that specific Google Contact to his older name.

In order to fix this, I have to go to the Web version of Google Contacts and change it there since the Android app of Google Contacts remains unchanged, however in the former it did.

This has been a problem for a couple of months now and it is quite vexing. Is there any known solution for this issue?

Hunter stuart likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Contacts

Contacts Forum

com.google.android.contacts

Back up your contacts and sync them across all your devices
• Safely back up the contacts in your Google Account to the cloud • Access the contacts in your Google Account from any device Keep your contacts organized and up to date
• View your contacts by account (e.g., work vs. personal) • Easily add contacts and edit information like phone numbers, emails, and photos • Get suggestions for adding new contacts, cleaning up duplicates, and more Contacts is currently only supported on devices running Android Marshmallow and above

READ MORE
March 17, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
100M+
Installs