1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google contacts backup

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jbarhorst2, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jbarhorst2

jbarhorst2 Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    OK, so I have tried to figure this out on my own, but no dice. The only solution I could find was deleting my contacts and starting over - not fun.
    The majority of my contacts were restored to my SGN from Verizon's backup assistant. I would like to use Google to backup all of these, but only the ones I enter new get backed up to Google contacts. Is there a way to force all of my contacts to backup on Google?
    Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Yellow Snowman

Yellow Snowman Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    As long as you login with your gmail account when you started your phone, google will automatically backup and update all your contacts.

What I'd recommend is stop backup assistant and just use google. Its easier and automatic.

go to google.com/contacts to manage all your accounts. You can add, delete, edit, etc.

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    If you export your current contacts list in a .csv file and email them to yourself you can then import it via google contacts on your desktop under the "more" option. You can then use the "More option" to also merge any duplicates etc.... then sync with your phone and you should be sorted.

jbarhorst2 likes this.
  4. jbarhorst2

jbarhorst2 Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks for the help. I did the export/import and then fixed up my dupes. Worked great.

Goreygirl likes this.