• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google contacts backup

jbarhorst2

Mar 11, 2010
OK, so I have tried to figure this out on my own, but no dice. The only solution I could find was deleting my contacts and starting over - not fun.
The majority of my contacts were restored to my SGN from Verizon's backup assistant. I would like to use Google to backup all of these, but only the ones I enter new get backed up to Google contacts. Is there a way to force all of my contacts to backup on Google?
Thanks.

As long as you login with your gmail account when you started your phone, google will automatically backup and update all your contacts.

What I'd recommend is stop backup assistant and just use google. Its easier and automatic.

go to google.com/contacts to manage all your accounts. You can add, delete, edit, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones