1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Contacts & Gmail Synching, Calendar not

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wolfhound89, May 15, 2011.

1. Wolfhound89

Wolfhound89 Lurker

I am not sure if I missed a setting update or something changed and I didn't realize.

I just realized this weekend that my Google calendar is not synch to my HTC Hero. While contacts and gmail are synching fine. I have not installed any apps recently and have tried to force a manual synch without success. Also, I have also taken the battery out in hopes a reset would solve it.

My question is this. Which side should I be looking at? The google web site side or my phone?

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Try going into Settings, then Accounts & Sync and make sure that calendar is checked off. That is the only thing that I can think of that would affect this.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Wolfhound89 likes this.
  3. section30

section30 Newbie

I have the exact same problem with my Hero. I want to root but since my phone is my PDA too, I needed to make sure my phone calendar was replicated in Google. See my thread "Before Rooting - How Do I Back Up My Calendar?" in the root section.

LBP is correct on the setting; test it and then see if it works both ways -- from Google to phone and phone to Google. Then see if your historical entries sync up; mine did not.

Another forum suggested going to: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Calendar and then clear data as a solution before trying a re-syncing. I did not try that because I was not sure it would delete all my historical data..............

Wolfhound89 likes this.
  4. Wolfhound89

Wolfhound89 Lurker

First, I would like to apologize for posting in the wrong sub-forum.

Well, it appears that clearing the data worked. It don't how or why. But it did.

Thanks.

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

No problem! We got ya covered! :)

Glad to hear that you got it fixed, as well.

6. section30

section30 Newbie

So you did not lose any date entries?

7. MaryJane

MaryJane Lurker

I am having the same problem. I cleared the data but it still did not work. Any other things I can try?? I lost all of my birthdays and appt. times...ugh

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews