• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google contacts has not Synced

I had this problem, on both the note and my old iphone, think its a google problem.
I had spent hours sorting out my contacts, then found that they had not updated online. Had to delete the google account on the phone, and re connect it, synced fine after that.

Then changed 3 contacts, same problem. Went online and sorted all my contacts out through my laptop and not had the problem since. I think it happens when multiple contacts are changed in the phone, google does not sync it and the sync stops. Easy to fix but real pita if you have changed a lot of contacts in the phone....you have to repeat the exercise.

.......if its any help, I was adding contacts from the email accounts that I regularly use but did not have contact names.......and deleting contacts that I have not used for years.

Upvote 0
I've had this problem before as well. Couldn't really explain exactly what happened either. Some people had mentioned it was a Samsung thing, but by the posts regarding issue with iPhones, seems more like a Google thing.

Anyhow, removing the primary account and re-installing seemed to have fixed it, so I never bothered doing further investigation into it. I've never had the problem, prior to the Note 2 though, so I just chalked it up to a weird instance and called it a day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones