• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Contacts no longer syncs with Google+, despite having sync enabled and profiles linked

aumars

Jul 15, 2017
A few months ago, the majority of my Google Contacts were linked to their corresponding Google+ profiles, linking Hangouts, Google+ profiles, and other public information to their contact. However, this suddenly stopped for no apparent reason.

There are no problems with the Sync settings under my Google account. None of my Google Contact's fields were tampered with, meaning that the "Website" field was the link to their profile on Google+. I also still have them in my Google+ Circles.

I've already looked into this question and it's no use for me. I could not find "Connected Profiles" at all. Maybe this is due to the fact that it came out in 2013, more than 4 years from now and it's practically outdated.

This is different from the web version of Google Contacts, where it doesn't fill in the Google+ information of that contact but just includes it in a different section. However, in my Android device, it just has the unhighlighted link to their Google+ profile and nothing else.

To summarise:

• Sync is still enabled
  • "Website" field of contact is linked to their profile
  • Contacts are in Google+ Circles

UPDATE: I tried reinstalling Google+ but to no avail.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones